Collage Banner

Collage Banner

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just a thought...

I was at the Regional Market this past weekend and stopped by a stand that was selling Mu Mu Muesli that I had written about a few weeks ago.  A very friendly man greeted me and offered a sample of muesli with, what do you know, some Wake Robin yogurt!  I explained that I had recently featured these two products together on this blog as part of my effort to eat locally.  This conversation got me thinking about how nice it is in a setting like a farmer's market to be able to chat with the person who is making or growing your food.  That's not something you can do at a grocery store and to me it's pretty important.  I think it offers the consumer a sense of comfort that they know a little bit more about where their food comes from and accountability on the side of the provider.  It's pretty hard to sell a bad product when you have to meet your customer face to face.  Just a thought I hope others might think about too...and by the way, the muesli sample was served with Wake Robin's maple yogurt...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment