Collage Banner

Collage Banner

Monday, September 30, 2013

Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal


So I'm still on an apple kick, using up all of our apples from our apple-picking excursion and I don't really see an end in sight.  I may have to go picking again, I'm getting so hooked on fresh apples in everything!  Something else I'm hooked on, particularly in autumn...baked goods for breakfast.  Like most people, during the week I'm generally running out the door as fast as I can for work and while I never skip breakfast (what kind of future dietitian would I be??), I don't often have time to bake from scratch on a weekday morning, i.e. never.  So weekends are it for us, but I try my hardest to take advantage of them.  This weekend I made a baked apple cinnamon oatmeal that satisfied my baked breakfast items addiction while still remaining healthy and very tasty.  This recipe is really easy and can even double as a healthy dessert with a little bit of vanilla yogurt or ice cream...yum!

Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal


3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Combine oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and brown sugar in a large bowl and mix well.  Whisk together apple sauce, melted butter, eggs, and milk in a separate bowl and then pour into dry ingredients, mixing well.  Pour mixture into greased 9 x 9 baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.

Makes 9 servings.




1 comment:

  1. I've made this recipe and shared it with friends! It's wonderful! Thank you so much:) Cynthia in Miami

    ReplyDelete