Collage Banner

Collage Banner

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Grilled Turkey, Apple, & Cheddar Sandwich


I'm feeling pretty official these days as a parent because my daughter has now begun (big sigh) extracurricular activities.  Right now this only means for us a 45 minute music class once a week, but I feel like it's the beginning of an even more hectic existence.  I love having this time to look forward to with Addie and she of course loves it too, but with this minor adjustment to our weekly schedule, I kind of feel like parents of multiple children involved in several activities really do deserve a round of applause, a medal, or at least a back massage after all of the driving they do (thanks Mom!)  Anyway, I'm discussing this because since we've started this activity, I've been trying out more meal ideas that are quick and healthy and made one last night that I definitely wanted to share.  We made grilled turkey, apple, and cheddar sandwiches and a side of garlic parmesan kale.  Easy and delicious, perfect for a busy week night dinner.  Here's what I did:

Grilled Turkey, Apple, and Cheddar Sandwiches


Whole wheat or multi grain bread
1 apple, thinly sliced
1 slice cheddar cheese
2 oz thinly sliced organic turkey
1 tbsp honey mustard
1 tbsp butter


If you have a panini press, that would be perfect for this sandwich, but we just used a regular skillet.  Heat skillet over med-high heat and spread butter on two slices of bread.  Spread honey mustard on the opposite side of one slice of bread and stack turkey, 3-4 apple slices, and cheddar cheese, topped with the other slice of bread.  Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until slightly browned.  Serve with your favorite fall vegetable or try ours, Garlic Parmesan Kale.




No comments:

Post a Comment